Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hurtling Through Space


As January hit, I expected nothing more than another January. Boy have I never been more wrong!
I had made a resolution to work on my Etsy store more and really get in the views. I thought it would be a slow process; painful perhaps. Again, I was wrong! these last 4 weeks have never proven to be more amazing. With a goal I had set, of getting 200 fans on my Etsy, I am amazed that I already have over 140!
I am only a year from graduating with my bachelor's  degree, and I am well on my way towards my associates degree from Sheffield School for Interior Design.

I have been blogging more often, but I hadn't had many followers, so it came as a shock to me when I was contacted by the marketing department from Sheffield asking if I would do a guest blog for their blog, Stylehound, so of course I said yes! I was so honored, and can't thank  them enough for that opportunity! Check out my blog, and the other wonderful blogs there!

I was part of the creation of a new team, Indie Junction. The website http://myindiejunction.com  has proven to be even more helpful than I could possibly  imagine. AmbientGirlDesigns whispered to me in a chat room that I should check it out, I did and have been so pleased! The community is wonderful, and the support that I have been given has been incomparable!

My other team, CreateCrochet, has been just as amazing in the support and promotion! Mamta, our fearless team leader has done so much for not only the team, but for my shop in helping me optimize my shop. (Check out our website and our blog to see all of the dozens of other wonderful people in my team!)

Justine from PlumeAdore, has a feature called The Etsy Business Blog, which has great tips for getting your shop in gear for success. She asked me last year if she could do a feature on me for her blog, so I did the "interview"  and she got busy so it has been a few months. She contacted me a couple of days ago and surprised me with the news that she proposed the article to Etsy's blog The Storque, and they accepted! I will keep all of you informed as to when it shows up! (here is the facebook page for her blog and business http://www.facebook.com/EtsyBusinessBlog?ref=mf#/EtsyBusinessBlog?v=info&ref=mf

Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better start to 2010, and I have a great excitement for the rest of the year! So thank you to all of you who have been such a great help, I couldn't have done much of this without you all!

3 comments:

  1. You're always welcome, Benji. I'm so pleased that you're on your way to success. Thanks for mentioning me in your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Ben, it's so awesome to have you at Indie Junction we're really lucky:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!! What a great start to 2010! Congratulations on ALL of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete